Here it comes, hold on to your hats.
First though, you may well ask "if all these things are scams, how do they get away with selling them?" well you may be sorry that you asked. Here's a great video that explains it.
You want more links explaining why "detox" is junk science? You got it.
- Detox Diet Deliberations.
- Detoxes: An Undefined Scam.
- The ultimate detox: your kidneys.
- Quackwatch.org detox overview
- The Crap That Is Colon Cleansing
- Elitefitnessmentoring: A bit of common sense shows us that this is total BS.
- Detox programs amount to a large quantity of excrement, both literally and figuratively.
- You Can't Detox Your Body. So How DO You Get Healthy?
- What the marketers of detox products have done is made the term “detox” meaningless – actually the term now is nothing but a red flag for snake oil.
- The idea that we need to follow a special diet to help our body eliminate toxins is not supported by medical science.
- There are multiple case reports and case series that describe the adverse effects of colonic cleansing.
- Sciencebasedmedicine.org Fashionable Toxins
- Alternative medicine’s ideas of detoxification and cleansing have no basis in reality.
- it might be gentler to think of it as a voluntary, self-administered tax on scientific illiteracy and decadence.
- Detox diets myths vs reality
- There’s no such thing as ‘detoxing’. In medical terms, it’s a nonsense. Diet and exercise is the only way to get healthy.
- Proceed with caution: The tea that’s making women pregnant.
- Unexpected Pregnancies Caused By Popular Tea Detox That Can Stop The Pill From Working
- Women having surprise pregnancies 'can be traced back to tea detox'
- Why Detox Diets and Cleanses Always Fail
- Fancy Juice Doesn’t Cleanse the Body of Toxins
- Products that promise “detox” are a sham. Yes, all of them.
And another video for good measure.