Training Video: Deadlifts and Pull Day

Well... here's how I ended the week, with a new PR on deadlifts.

This one has been a long time coming, so I'm quite pleased. Looking back that video, my form is perhaps not as tight as usual, but still effective. If I can tighten it up a little more again, 185kg should not be too far away.



This is also a good example of how we use Pyramid Sets such as are featured in my Progressive Power, Precision & Pump program which is a part of my Online Personal Training system. As you can see, I start out with a decent weight for about 8 or 10 reps, then go heavier for about 6 reps, then heavier still for 4 reps, and so on. Deadlift is really the only lift where I'm bothered about testing my 1 rep max, but we can use the same sort of programming towards a 6 rep max on squats, 4 rep max on bench press, or any other amount of reps on any of what I would classify as a "power" exercise.

You can't just walk in and pick up 180kg off the ground when that is the current limit of your ability, you need to work up to it gradually in sensible increments. Of course, once you can lift something once... it is only a matter of time before you can lift it twice, which probably means you can set a new personal best at your one rep max as well.

Also in the video a bunch of extra stuff for traps, real delts and biceps which I'm trying to develop a bit more at the moment.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor & Support My Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

Popular Posts